Swedish Massage - 90 minutes
The 90-minute Swedish Massage is very similar to the 60-minute version but with added time and attention on specific areas that need more work. During a Swedish massage you are generally nude underneath a sheet on a massage table. The therapist uncovers only the part of the body he/she is working on, a technique called "draping". (If the nudity gets you out of your comfort zone, you can keep your underwear on). Using massage oil, cream or gel, the practitioner administers gentle, rhythmic strokes to relax soft body tissue and facilitate healing. It is lighter in touch than other forms of massage and includes long flowing strokes, kneading, and friction techniques on more superficial layers of the muscles. It can loosen stiff joints and reduce muscle tension. Swedish massage contributes to overall well-being and is widely prescribed by physicians to enhance treatment for insomnia, anxiety, and depression. Some other benefits of Swedish Massage are:
- Calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
- Reduces tension and anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Prevents and relieve muscles cramps and spasms.
- Helps with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.